Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hours 13-14 of Read-a-thon and Survey



Since last update:

Pages: 58 (And Then There Were None and All Cooked Up Elvis Memories Cookbook)
Time: 54 minutes


TOTALS:

270 pages read
271 minutes reading
155 minutes blogging and visiting blogs
50 blogs visited
0 books finished
1 caffeine beverages (I think it's time for #2)
4 mini challenges





1. What are you reading right now? And Then There Were None and Much Ado About Nothing

2. How many books have you read so far? I've been splitting my time between four different books. I always do this--can never read one thing at a time.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I can't wait to finish these two so that I can get back to The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I've read it before, but I'm writing a paper on Collins, and I am in love with all things Victorian.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? We were going to have a barbeque cookout with our friends tonight, but we shifted it to last night so that I could read all day today. Of course, that meant that I didn't get to sleep until 2:30 last night and woke up with a raging headache when my alarm went off at 5 a.m. to start reading! Blah.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? The only real interruptions have been not feeling well and needing to eat. But my husband has been sweet about preparing food for me.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I can't believe it's already night-time. Where did the time go?

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No suggestions for anyone but myself--don't party too hard the night before! (But, boy did I have fun eating my husband's marinated steak, drinking wine, and watching 101 Dalmations with my fellow Ph.D.ers. On second thought, I would do it all again!)

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I felt very prepared. I had my lists, my books, and my snacks ready. Pretty good for a first timer.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Very tired, but that's probably because I haven't slept much at all this week. (This month? year?)

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Thanks to everyone for your comments. I've had fun reading them and commenting back!

See everyone back here next time I update.

2 comments:

Kailana said...

Getting tired is no fun! Hope you can hang in there!

Linda said...

I couldn't get into Moonstone. I'm saving it for another attempt.