Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hours 17-19 R-A-T




Jessica's Hour 18 mini-challenge was posted here and it was about re-reads! She writes:


1. Go back to your blog, and tell us about the books you’re rereading during the mini-challenge. Maybe post a picture of each book and describe why you love it enough to reread it.
OR
2. Go back to your blog, and give us a list of your top favorite rereads of all time. You know, those books that you can go to time and time again for comfort and escape. Again, pictures are good. :)






The books I'm re-reading for the Read-a-thon are And Then There Were None and The Moonstone. I'm actually teaching ATTWN this semester, and I'm writing a paper on MS right now, so all my re-reads are for my own academic responsibilities...


That said, I LOVE ATTWN. I re-read it every semester that I teach it, but I never get tired of it. Some Agatha Christie novels are very predictable and easy to follow, but this one is so clever and heart-stopping, all the way to the end! Some of my other favorite re-reads are




1. The Great Gatsby

2. Romeo and Juliet

3. Oliver Twist

4. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

5. the Redwall Series



My stats for this go-round:


UPDATE FOR HOURS 17-19

Since last update:
Pages: 89 (Much Ado About Nothing and And Then There Were None)

Time: 100 minutes


TOTALS:


464 pages read

464 minutes reading (wow, really freaked out right now that my numbers are EXACTLY identical--crrrrazy!)

190 minutes blogging and reading blogs

2 books finished (Much Ado About Nothing and And Then There Were None)

2 caffeinated beverages

6 mini challenges (counting the re-reads above)

1 episode of West Wing watched w/ hubby

1 cheeseburger from In 'N Out devoured

6 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Going strong I see :D
Keep up the good work :D

Now I really need some tea

Trish said...

two of my books have had GG references tonight--one has extensive Fitzgerald references (Fun Home).

I'm so glad you're still up! Yay!!

Kailana said...

Glad to see you are still up!

Laura said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle! I've probably read 7 times!

thebluestockingsociety said...

I haven't thought about The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle in years! I loved that book as a kid. I'll have to go back and reread it now. I also need to reread several others on your list. Thanks for participating in my mini-challenge.

Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society

Karen Beth said...

True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle is such an exciting book for adolescents! I read it over and over when I was in 5th-9th grade, and it never got old. I have re-read it once since I finished college, and it just didn't have the same flair that it did when I was younger. For some reason the excitement seemed cliche, but I still LOVE the mystery aspect. Go avi!