Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Final Read-a-thon Totals


(Shout out to my dear hubby who documented my (our?) journey!)

Well, I just had a blast yesterday, and I am so glad I participated in the read-a-thon. I am proud of myself for the four books that I finished. One was adolescent lit, so it went by quickly, and one was rather short because it's more of a coffee table book, but I did well overall.



The funny thing is that I woke up voraciously hungry for more literature. The first thing I did was pick up a book! But then reality hit me how irrational that response was, and I went downstairs and made homemade coffee cake muffins and omelets to celebrate my 'thon success.



All right, so here are my final tallies for the whole event:



TOTALS:


724 pages read
902 minutes reading (15 hours, and that includes getting a late start by 5 hours!!)
260 minutes blogging and reading other blogs
4 books finished (Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing, Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, Anna Quindlen's Being Perfect, and Lois Lowry's The Messenger)
3 caffeine beverages (coffee, coke, tea)
6 mini challenges
1 nap
2 bowls of ice cream
1 shower
1 episode of West Wing watched w/ hubby
1 In 'N Out cheeseburger devoured

All in all, it was a fun and energizing experience.

4 comments:

Molly said...

What a wide variety of literature you read :)

Your final stats are quite impressive. Congratulations!

MamaErin said...

Very impressive Karen!! Way to go! I managed to get through around 250 pages of "Gone with the Wind" during our trip. Not as much as I would have been able to read if Jer weren't with us, but it was worth it =)

Trish said...

I am SOOOOOO glad that you had so much fun (and even more glad that you did this with me). :D

Hungry for more, huh? I always get blog and book burnout after these events.

So--ready for the next one in October? :P

Karen Beth said...

Molly, thanks so much for stopping by and cheering me on. I do read a wide variety since all the books I'm researching, studying, and teaching are in different eras! Such is the life of a grad student.

Trish, I TOTALLY am ready for the next one in October! I'll be studying for my qualifying exams, not taking any classes, and teaching three classes. I can't wait for read-a-thon part 2!

Erin, way to go--250 pages is a lot of Gone With The Wind! Are you enjoying it? What is your favorite thing about the writing so far?