Sunday, April 19, 2009

R-a-t Hour 23, 4 books finished!

UPDATE FOR HOUR 23

Since last update:
Pages: 83 (The Messenger-finished!)
Time: 50 minutes

TOTALS:
660 pages read
842 minutes reading
240 minutes blogging and reading other blogs
4 books finished (Much Ado about Nothing, And Then There Were None, Being Perfect, and The Messenger)
3 caffeine beverages
6 mini challenges
1 nap
2 bowls of ice cream

End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 1--I had been SOOOO excited for the read-a-thon, but I woke up at 5 a.m. when mine was supposed to start, and I was feeling miserable. I ended up sleeping for 5 more hours, which meant that I didn't meet any of my goals.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Mysteries work really well! I couldn't put And Then There Were None down even though I've read it ten times before.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I had a blast. :)

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The Cheerleaders kept me going during the tough hours. How thoughtful everyone was!

5. How many books did you read? four books and counting

6. What were the names of the books you read? I finished Much Ado about Nothing, And Then There Were None, Being Perfect, and The Messenger. I read parts of The Moonstone and my All Cooked Up Elvis cookbook. Also Shakespeare's Henry V.

7. Which book did you enjoy most? And Then There Were None and The Moonstone

8. Which did you enjoy least? Sorry, Shakespeare, but you're not fun for read-a-thons.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Keep the comments coming. We really appreciate them and read every one!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll probably do the same thing. I will read and then comment as much as I can on others' blogs.

10 comments:

Diane said...

You did great!

Trish said...

Man--I'm the amount of time loser. I'm not sure how I ended up reading less (time) than last year. :(

You did so great. I don't think I could do Shakespeare either.

Eva said...

Congrats! You did great!

3M said...

You did great! You probably needed those extra hours of sleep to help you get going!

Maree said...

Four books is great going! I hope you had fun! :)

Molly said...

congratulations on a great read-a-thon! I hope you are feeling better today, and have caught up on sleep :)

Beth F said...

Wasn't it fun!!!

thatsthebook said...

I really like "And Then There Were None"! I tried to do some Ben Johnson and I would think that was as much a mistake as attempting Shakespeare. And I LOVE both of them.

Maw Books said...

Totally impressed that you even *thought* of attempting Shakespeare.

Karen Beth said...

Well, Shakespeare was on my homework to-do list, so it became a necessary evil for my read-a-thon list. I read a comedy, though. I don't think I could have stomached a tragedy on so little sleep!