Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dead Zone, Grad School Style

Perhaps finals week wouldn't always be so gloomy around here for me if I would ever write about anything besides death, sleep, vampires, criminals, you name it! If it's mysterious or depressing, I've probably thought of a paper topic for it.

Anyway, sorry the Pink Bookmark has been quiet for the past few days. I've been working my rear off trying to get the Puritan paper done (it took me about five days longer than I was planning, whimper, whimper), and now that it's finally printed off and ready to hand in, I have to finish my Shakespeare text edit, which is due tomorrow.

SO...I have to get back to work. I just wanted to say hello to the bloggity blog world.

What I must do before the next time you hear from me:
  1. Finish all my grading and input grades into system
  2. Finish Puritan Funeral Sermon Essay
  3. Finish Shakespeare's Henry V text edit
  4. Turn everything in, yell a feeble hurrah, fist pump in the air
  5. Dinner with Hubby's Seminar on John Adams (he's a contemporary composer) in Pasadena, 5 p.m. Friday
  6. Attend John Adams' opera in Los Angeles at Disney Hall Friday night.
  7. Attend the graduation of my lovely partners in crime at CGU, Jan, Sharone, and Stefani, who will be receiving their MA's in English on Saturday. Go Team!
  8. Attend the Champagne Reception, even though it isn't my graduation. I already have my MA, and won't be receiving my Phud for about two more years, but I fully support the graduations of others.
  9. Pack for mini-vacation w/ Hubby, bikini, sun-block, six or seven books, not much else.
  10. Escape for three days
  11. Come back in time for Scott's interview at APU
  12. Catch up on all the blogging action I missed while I was gone!

3 comments:

Sharone said...

I have news for you, my friend. Finals week is depressing, even when you are writing about really lovely things like reconciliation and (uneasy but still blessed) peace. <----- the topic of my HJ paper.

Good luck with your own Henry :)

Serena said...

I'm sure you will survive finals week...

Trish said...

Oh my goodness my dear, you are one busy lady! I do miss the hubbub of grad school, but the thought of having to think of a topic paper and then write about that topic still sends me into fits of panic even now (you know those nightmares where you realize your a credit too short and didn't really get your degree--well, my nightmares all revolve around papers!). Haha!

Good luck with everything. You always come through with shining colors.