Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-a-thon and Read Your Own Books 2009 Challenge Update


I'm going to use this post-Read-a-thon update to let you know my progress on a challenge I joined in May.

I saw this one at Melissa's Shhh I'm Reading blog here and on S. Krishna's page here. The Read Your Own Books (RYOB) 2009 challenge hosted by MizB encourages you to read the books you already have on your shelves rather than buying more! The challenge runs from Jan 1, 2009-December 31, 2009, so there only a few months left. However, you get to choose the number of books you feel is appropriate. My list is as follows:

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Bleak House by Charles Dickens (in progress)
Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
Adam Bede by George Eliot
The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope
Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

My Final Read-a-thon Update

250 pages read (KB), Bleak House and Waverley
[about 5 reading hours total, which is lame!! But I was so busy yesterday. I'll probably end up reading even more today than yesterday during the 'thon...]
100 pages read (hubby)
2 caffeinated beverages
4 big glasses of iced water
6 blog updates
50 blogs visited so far --everyone did amazing work yesterday!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I know you had a really busy day yesterday but I'm glad you could participate for at least part of the time. Good luck with your quals reading this week!