Saturday, October 24, 2009

Readathon begins!

The Read-a-thon just began and I'm awake and about to start reading! I'm trying to get in at least a few hours before I go off to tennis at 8 a.m. I'm actually glad that I have a break scheduled for exercise, because I got so stiff from reading in one spot so long during the last 'thon.

Until we go out and pick up batteries for our digital camera later today, I'm going to be sans photos on my blog, but I am giddy about starting some big novels and hopefully finishing some others. Maybe I'll have some pictures after the homecoming game. All of our students were excited that Scott and I were going to be there.

And THIS JUST IN, my husband is going to join me in the readathon for a little while today! He is reading his first novel in like...um...maybe 8 years? He's a big non-fiction history buff, but I am very excited that he is dipping his toes into fiction, especially since I teach literature for a living!

Scott is reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, so it's a great gothicky pick for October. :) He told me that I could document his pages along with mine as I update my status online. I am glad to have a partner at home in the read-a-thon, along with all you out there online.

MY READING STATS

0 pages read (KB)
0 pages read (hubby)
1 caffeinated beverage
1 blog update
1 blog visited so far
1 pair M&M pajama pants on

Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Trish said...

You've GOT to take a picture of those M&M PJs. I've got my A&M shirt on but might switch to Tech later to show allegiance to both. :P

Literary Feline said...

I am glad your husband is joining in too! Good luck and happy reading!