Saturday, October 24, 2009

Update #4


Dearest Charles, my dashing Dickens, my wonderfully witty word warrior, heart of my heart,

I love Bleak House so far, but it is not as easy to get into as some of your other novels, like Great Expectations or Dombey and Son. I am still trying, though. Because I love you.

luv, KB


MY READING STATS

75 pages read (KB), Bleak House and Waverley

about 3 hours of reading here and there

45 pages read (hubby--he's getting to the scary part of Dracula!)

2 caffeinated beverages

2 big glasses of iced water

4 blog updates

25 blogs visited so far

wearing: whatever

currently listening to: Sarah McLachlan Fumbling Toward Ecstacy

10 comments:

Molly said...

I am so impressed that you can read such difficult classics for a read-athon event! I had to read Bleak House two years ago for a summer course and I did find parts of it difficult to muddle through.

Sounds like you are having a great read-athon experience so far :)

alitareads said...

Sarah McLachlan is great for listening to when you're reading!

Can you believe we're already more than a third done the 'thon? Have fun today and enjoy the wonderful books you have lined up :)

Kara said...

Love the soundtrack!

just keep reading,
just keep reading,
just keep reading reading reading,
what do we do we read read,

Oh ho ho ho i love to read
when you want to read, you want to read.

(Sung to the tune of Dory's Just Keep Swimming from Finding Nemo)

Linda said...

Doing great! Keep it up!

softdrink said...

Reading is fun
Reading is great
Hope you’re able
To stay up late!

Eva said...

I'm popping by again to offer some more cheering! Give me an R! Give me an E! Give me an A! Give me a D! What does that spell?! Read! Read! Read!

Your letter to Dickens made me laugh so hard! Especially since he's not my fave author. ;) I enjoyed the BBC adaptation of Bleak House though!

Ronnica said...

I'm impressed you are attempting Dickens for the challenge. I really like him...but there's only so much I can take at a time. I think my favorite Dickens is Oliver Twist...so not the children's story I thought it was!

Michelle said...

Woohoo! Breaking out the classics for the read-a-thon! Now, that's impressive. Almost halfway through, and you're doing great! Hang in there!

Bybee said...

I keep thinking that i should read Dombey and Son or Bleak House.

Bybee said...

I keep thinking that i should read Dombey and Son or Bleak House.