Saturday, April 10, 2010

My readathon list

  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (reading it for a school group)
  • Little Women, the graphic novel adaptation by Graphic Classics (ditto)
  • The Cinematic Jane Austen (writing a review for an academic journal)
  • The Law and the Lady by Wilkie Collins (teaching it to my college freshmen right now)
  • Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (for the dissertation)
  • Paul Ferroll by Caroline Clive (for the dissertation)

I love my list! It's a good, hard list.

I've also decided that this is going to be a clean-a-thon, as my our house has become more and more cluttered and dirty the further we get in the school semester. For every hour that I read, I want to accomplish a small cleaning or sorting task (15 minutes or less) that I have been putting off. It's a good goal! It means that I probably won't have as much time on the computer reviewing books or blogs or cheerleading the other readers. But after all the hours of reading are done, I'll be able to look around and enjoy my house and everything I've accomplished. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: