Monday, April 5, 2010

Read-a-thon next weekend!



Last night was the first time I checked my Google reader in about a month (like I said in my last post, I have no idea where March went). Much to my joy and surprise, the annual 24-hour readathon is coming up again next weekend! This will be my third time to participate, and I hope it will be successful on my part. I have so many books piled up beside my bed that I feel overwhelmed. And don't even get me started on the "dissertation" stacks in the office in front of my bookshelf. Why are they in front of the bookshelf? Because the shelf is 100% full!

The readathon starts at 5 a.m. Pacific Time on April 10 and goes until 5 a.m. on the 11th. I don't have a specific list made today, but I'll try to post one this week before I take the plunge. So far I know I need to finish Little Women for my reading group at school, since it's my turn to present our text. I also have a scholarly book on Jane Austen that I have to finish so that I can write my book review on it (since I promised the editor I'd have it turned in by the 15th before she goes to press). So, if NOTHING else, I have to finish those two books by the end of the 'thon.

2 comments:

MamaErin said...

Oh Karen once again I am so jealous that you get to spend 24 hours reading!! So so so jealous...

I've been wanting to read "Little Women" as well. The movie is one of my favorites

Trish said...

I'm SO bummed I won't be able to read this time. Can you believe that I'll be getting my motorcycle license? :) From 8-5 and then that evening I have a bacherlorette party and then Sunday class 8-5. SO bummed. Don't even know if I'll be able to cheer but I'll try to get on at least once or twice to cheer you guys on.