Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon Begins!

I am up and at 'em with my coffee percolating and my bookmarks handy. I am so excited to be participating in my third readathon. I've even asked my husband to document the event with our camera, but he won't wake up for at least 3 or 4 more hours--ha!

The book I'm starting with is Little Women (1868) by Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888). I'm already about halfway through this novel, so I am definitely hoping to move through it pretty quickly. I might also be reading the Little Women graphic novel during this readathon. These are both on my list because I will be presenting the novel, graphic novel, and one of the film adaptations to one of my school groups on Friday, so I'm trying to take notes on the best passages. That slows my reading down some. But NO SPOILERS for me! I haven't ever read this great classic children's novel. :)

Let the readathon begin!

1 comment:

Maree said...

Great start! I never finished Little Women. Enjoy your readathon! :D