Sunday, April 11, 2010

Readathon hours 18-19

Scott is making me some nachos to help sustain me through the night, since in my time zone (Pacific) the readathon goes until 5 a.m. I'm putting on another pot of coffee and going to keep reading Paul Ferroll and possibly open up the book I need to review this week if I'm not too sleepy.

I am proud of myself for getting through Little Women. I so badly wanted to chuck its chunky spine across the room at least once an hour. But it is one of the only books I've ever read that made me cry about six different times. I think only Dickens's Dombey and Son shares that stat for me!

Anyway, here's lookin' at you kids. Good luck on your next five hours. I'm going to go downstairs, indulge in some cheesy nachos and caffeine, and watch a few minutes of our latest Netflix loan (Defiance) with my husband, who has been working on his dissertation grant proposal all day, bless his heart!

Readathon totals so far:
Book reading right now: It's dissertation hour! Wilkie Collins's The Law and the Lady and Caroline Clive's Paul Ferroll (which I'm probably the only person in history to read, besides the editor--ha!)
minutes read hours 18-19: 50
minutes total: 518
pages read these two hours: 33
pages total: 306
books completed: 1- Little Women!
minutes blogging/commenting total: around 115
cups of coffee: about to savor #4
glasses of water: 5 big ones
minutes spent napping: 180
cleaning task this hour: two loads of laundry and then folding

1 comment:

Vasilly said...

It's been so long since I've read Little Women. I think I'll do so this summer.