Monday, September 13, 2010

send article to journal, check!

I've already posted today, but I couldn't help adding a little note since I can't keep my news to myself any longer.  I submitted my first scholarly article for publication today!  I'm trying not to get excited at all since it is a top-tier scholarly film journal and I have very little hope of getting accepted the first time around.  I mean, people that are BIGshots in the industry are frequently rejected by this journal.  And film isn't even my major field of study.  But, all that aside, what I am most excited about is the opportunity to receive professional feedback whether or not it is accepted. (YAY!)

When I sent my lovingly- and painstakingly-crafted 42 pg. article through email attachment to the editors (as the guidelines requested), I thought I might have a nervous breakdown.  It's my first one.  I felt like I was sending my firstborn off to kindergarten or something.  To a kindergarten from which she still could be rejected!  Anyway, here's to having it checked off my to-do list, which, to be honest, is kind of a big deal!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Congratulations Karen Beth! Sending it off in itself is such a big step--I'm sure next time it will be much easier!! You're definitely a lot braver than I am.

Still thinking about schools in Dallas postgrad? My fingers are crossed...

Miss Rita said...

After it's accepted/rejected, I want to read it.