Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quiz Time

So, last week I gave my annual reading comprehension quiz on research and source use, and the answers came directly out of their reading assignment.  It was a simple quiz, or so I thought...the same one I gave last year with hilarious consequences.  Below are some of the quiz answers that made me laugh out loud.

1. What is a primary source?
-A primary source is the source you really want to use in your essay.

2. What is a secondary source?
-A secondary source is really just a backup in case the primary one doesn't work out.

3. What is the difference between an abstract and an article?
-An abstract is something off the internet that is not normalAn article is like a book or a quote.

4. What is one way you can tell if a source is biased?
-A source is bias if you agree with it.

5. What is the difference between paraphrasing and summarizing?
-Paraphrasing is when you use the same words as the author, and summarizing is when you scrunch them together to be smaller.

(A number of my students did really well on the quiz.  These were just the answers that cracked me up.  I love my kiddos!)

No comments: