Friday, April 25, 2008

Whelmed

I'm not going to claim overwhelmedness because I know with undying certainty that my life will get even more hectic in the next three weeks than it is right now...so right now I'm just extremely whelmed, with a helping of tight jeans on the side.

I just got out of a successful interview for a student worker library position. It's not your usual sit-at-the-desk-checking-out-books-and-checking-facebook library job. It's a job in the digital library. I don't know a ton about it, but I am hoping that this will turn out to be a good summer opportunity for me to learn a lot and make some much-needed money. But...right now there is SO much else looming over my head; I can't really think about summer just now.

Here's my to-do list for today:
1. grade more Freshman Writing portfolios
2. grade Intro to Lit Dracula essays
3. reply to student emails
4. bear hug my husband
5. nail up those picture frames that are sitting on the couch right now
6. wash dishes that are piled in the sink
7. read a few more chapters of Turn of the Screw
8. get a good outline going for my Sunset Boulevard essay
9. fold clean clothes and sort dirty ones
10. read another chapter in Billy Wilder's biography
(I could go on and on, but these are just a few priorities...)

Here's my list of things that made me happy today:
1. Yummy Trader Joe's coffee
2. discovering that my new nail polish dries quickly with no stickiness
3. Brief back rub from Scott
4. grapefruit-scented body splash from Bath and Body Works
5. my very high tan high heels
6. finding easy parking at CGU (you know, since I was wearing my very high tan high heels...)

Signing off now. I miss my baby nephew...they say he's talking a little now!

KB

No comments: